HOW FLEXREPLICATION WORKS
- A single, software-based Virtual Replication Appliance (VRA) is installed on each host, capable of protecting all the Virtual Machines (VMs) on that host.
- The Virtual Replication Manager (VRM), a Windows-based application, manages everything required for the replication between the Protected site (customer location) and the Recovery site (Cologix data center), except for the actual replication of data.
- The VRA continuously replicates data from VMs and VMDKs selected by the user, compressing it and sending it to the Recovery Site over a secure VPN connection.
- Replication is performed in a near-synchronous manner without relying on VMware snapshots or CBT mechanism, avoiding any negative impact on application performance.
- VRAs on different hosts communicate between themselves, synchronizing replication to ensure block-level consistency between different VMs on different hosts and storage arrays.
- Hypervisor-based replication is fully agnostic to storage source and destination, natively supporting all virtualization platform features including VMotion, storage VMotion, high availability clustering and more.