Denver, Colorado, September 1, 2020: Cologix, a network-neutral interconnection, ecosystem and hyperscale edge data center company today announced the completion of its of vXchnge’s 16,000 square foot data center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The facility, now renamed MIN4, is located in the 511 building along with Cologix’s three other data centers.
“This acquisition expands Cologix’s capacity in the most connected building in Minnesota,” said Laura Ortman, President and Chief Revenue Officer of Cologix. “We are delighted to welcome new employees and customers, who now can access our robust ecosystem of networks, clouds and partners through the Cologix Platform. Additionally, the added capacity helps us to meet the demand of our current and future customers as they grow and build out their IT infrastructures at the digital edge.”
Demand for data center space in the Twin Cities is high and the acquisition strengthens Cologix’s market position with more space, power and connectivity to support digital transformations in the region.
- Cologix now offers more than 60,000 total square feet of data center space in the 511 building, Minneapolis’ carrier hotel and the most connected building in Minnesota.
- Known as the gateway to “Northern Route” to Seattle, the 511 building is the city’s major interconnection hub for the upper Midwest, which is home to the primary carrier hotel.
- Cologix Minneapolis data centers offer ultra-low latency access to cloud onramps with AWS via Amazon Web Services® Direct Connect and Microsoft® Azure ExpressRoute, plus neutral access to 75+ unique networks in Cologix’s Meet-Me-Room and the Midwest Internet Cooperative Exchange (MICE).
- Customers can connect to Cologix robust ecosystem to build and grow their businesses quickly. With Cologix Access Marketplace 3.0, our automated connectivity solution now offers a virtual marketplace to reach ecosystem members quickly in addition to flexible provisioning on-demand, in minutes.
- According to CBRE’s U.S. Data Center Trends Report, the Minneapolis data center market saw 3.6 megawatts of net absorption in 2019 and ranked 12th busiest leasing market for data center space.1
For more information or to request a tour, please contact [email protected].
About Cologix Inc
Cologix provides reliable, secure, scalable hyperscale edge data center solutions from 29 prime interconnection hubs and 4 hyperscale capacity facilities across 10 strategic North American markets. Over 1,600 leading network, managed services, cloud, media, content, financial services and enterprise customers trust Cologix to support their business critical infrastructure and connect them to customers, vendors and partners. Our dedicated, experienced local teams and scalable solutions enable us to provide industry-leading customer service and the ability to successfully support customers at the Internet’s new edge. For a tour of one of our data centers in Ashburn, Columbus, Dallas, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Minneapolis, Montreal, New Jersey, Toronto or Vancouver visit www.cologix.com or email [email protected]. Follow Cologix on LinkedIn and Twitter.
1 REJournals: https://rejournals.com/a-hot-market-in-minneapolis-data-centers-still-in-demand/
Senior Director, Marketing at Cologix