Metro Connect is a fiber-based service that offers bandwidth of 100Mb (FastE), 1000Mb (GigE), or 10G and higher (Passive Wave). FastE and GigE services are delivered through a Cologix switch to the customer via a copper cross-connect. The Passive Wave offering provides a dedicated lambda over Cologix fiber that customers must light with their own network equipment. Customers are able to request one of two diverse routes for all three services.
Cologix’s Metro Connection solution is available in Jacksonville, Montreal, New Jersey, Toronto and Vancouver. The service comes in several configurations to solve various customer requirements and includes a cross-connect within each Cologix data center to provide a complete end-to-end service.
Metro Connect Enables:
- Connections between in-market data centers over shared dark fiber & Cologix-operated network equipment
- Extended carrier & network choice
- A low-cost alternative to local loops
Provided Through Cologix Network Equipment (Juniper)
- FastE Metro Connect – A lit Ethernet solution provided over Cologix’s Juniper network and dark fiber. Metro Connect – FastE provides customers with up to 100Mb of bandwidth through a Cat5 handoff.
- GigE – A lit Ethernet solution provided over Cologix’s Juniper network and dark fiber. Metro Connect – GigE provides customers with up to 1000Mb (1Gb) of bandwidth through a Cat5 handoff.
Configurations Requiring Customer equipment
Available in the Following Markets: