As Vancouver’s leading colocation data centre provider, Cologix provides connectivity to 20+ unique networks and direct access to the Vancouver Internet Exchange (VANIX). Cologix’s Vancouver data centre at 555 West Hastings Street (VAN 1) is in the Harbour Centre, the primary carrier hotel in Vancouver. Nearby is VAN 2 at 1050 West Pender, which is Cologix’s newest downtown Vancouver data centre expansion, providing hyper-efficient data centre solutions and robust connectivity. Vancouver is increasingly viewed as a natural redundant data centre site for networks established by enterprises in Eastern Canada, Asia and the U.S. due to the city’s location at the end point of the largest Internet pipeline between British Columbia and the U.S.
Vancouver Data Centre Quick Facts
- 3rd largest city in Canada with more than 2 million residents
- Gateway to Asia & the United States
- Home to rapidly growing film, content & creative industries
- 3rd largest film & TV production centre in North America, known as “Hollywood North”
- One of the world’s best places to launch a startup