Cologix operates the two leading Central Ohio data centers in Columbus and just announced announced that construction has begun on a 160K SQF, 18+MW data center on its current 9 acre there. The new $130M+ facility will become Columbus’s largest neutral data center and will be directly linked to Cologix’s existing data centers. Cologix’s Columbus data centers stand apart from the competition by combining the most robust enterprise-grade data center infrastructure with the most densely connected interconnect site in the region. Offering the utmost in uptime, even the backups have backups for a fault-tolerant, seamless, end-to-end system. The Cologix Columbus data centers offer the ideal location for primary IT deployments that require 100% uptime and network performance. The Ohio colocation data centers are strategically located at the convergence point of the long-haul fiber crossroads and the regional carrier fiber networks in Central Ohio, providing an advantageous site for disaster recovery deployments backing up primary sites in Chicago and New York.
We are excited to announce that AWS Direct Connect is now available through Cologix in Columbus. Customers can now utilize the lowest latency onramp to AWS via an AWS Direct Connect node located in our Columbus data center. With AWS Direct Connect, customers can connect their infrastructure via a secure and private connection to the AWS Cloud to improve performance and reduce costs compared to onramps via the public Internet.
Amazon Web Services® Direct Connect
Amazon Web Services® Direct Connect enables you to utilize a dedicated connection between your network and Cologix’s Columbus data center. This direct, private connection enables a secure, high capacity, high performance connection to AWS cloud solutions. For more information, contact the Cologix Team or visit the AWS website
Columbus Data Center Quick Facts
- Proximity to more of the U.S. population than any other major city with 47% of the population within a 10-hour drive
- Ohio’s largest city & the 15th largest city in the U.S. (right behind San Francisco)
- Home to the highest metro concentration of Fortune 1000 companies
- Ranked in the Top 10 friendliest cities for small business
- Long-haul fiber crossroads creates ideal location for alternative to Chicago as well as disaster recovery sites
- Lowest latency onramp to AWS Direct Connect